Saturday, January 28, 2012

Living the Dream

So yeah I have been reminded numerous of times that I haven't updated my blog, so here ya go.

As most of you know I am back in India for the 2nd time around. Why India? Well they are started a professional football league here and I have been blessed enough to be able to take part of what could be the start of something big. Check out the website, EFLI.com. The first question I usually get is, "so you are playing football in India?", Nope here I am actually just working for the league as a coaches consultant. I go around from city to city making sure the players and coaches of the league are continuing to improve each day.

I guess its very important to understand that a lot of these guys had never even heard about the game a few months ago, and if they did, like most people outside America just associate it with Rugby. Which makes me think of a several times in my life people try to tell me I am lying when I tell them I either play or coach football. The first time it happened I was in Warsaw when a drunk girl tried to tell me that there is no such thing as American football in Poland. Even after I showed her the website which was in Polish she still refused to believe me. But as I look back I guess the fact that she was drunk should void everything she said.

In India I actually get a totally different response, people seem to be very excited about football coming to India. I mean I have to say if all I could watch on TV was cricket, I would be excited too. I always said baseball was boring to watch, but cricket takes the title of "Most Boring Sport" in the world.

But back to football here, so far I am spending a week in each city. My first week here we were in Mumbai, one of the biggest cities in the world. Well now that I think about it, almost every big city in India is one of the biggest in the world when you have a population of over a Billion people. After a week in Mumbai we headed to Chennai where we actually had a day to travel around a little bit and do a little more than football.
Take a look at some of the pics.

Random Facts.

I love my job...and the more I think about it I love it more.

I am upset that I wont get to make it to Europe this year and play football. I love coaching but nothing is better than playing.

India has taught me a lot of things, and the biggest one is be happy with what god has blessed you with, it can always be worse.

Indian people are literally the nicest people on earth, when you walk down the streets you would wonder how people could be so happy. Their happiness brightens my day when I am down.

I am in hurry right now, people are rushing me to go out since bars here in Chennai close at 11pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment